<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 30, 2011
aaahhh... what a night...


Felt a bit overwhelmed on this cold night of street preaching. Nothing spectacularly bad took place, just a lot of different forms of ungodliness and unbelief that I suppose started to wear on me. I get that way sometimes during our evangelistic efforts. I can often, at varying degrees, ignore the wicked actions around me in the marketplace on Fridays, but not tonight. I saw it all, heard it all, and for the most part, it broke my heart.

- As Pastor Tim and I made our way to our customary preaching spot, a young man, seeing our Bible signs, yelled out: "I praise Satan! I love sin! you! I hate Jesus! I hate God!"

- As I was just beginning to preach the Gospel, a car drove by and I couldn't help noticing a young lady, in the passenger side of the vehicle, giving me the finger.

- When Pastor Tim started his preaching shift, a street beggar walked across the street from him and yelled all manner of obscenity at him, ordering him to be quiet and to "keep that God stuff to himself."

- A man came by as I was offering Bible tracts to those who walked by. After taking a picture of my Bible sign, he claimed to be a Buddhist. A few seconds later, he said he was an Atheist. And a few moments after that, he said he was an Agnostic. I told him none of these positions were going to help his soul. He didn't care.

- Pastor Tim dealt with an atheist who pridefully professed to not believing in God. The good preacher made sure to point out that he would believe in God when he would be judge and condemned to Hell. The poor fool then claimed he would never be cast to Hell, because he didn't believe in God. Oh dear...

- I spoke to a young man who marvelled at the "courage" (his words) I had to be standing on a street corner with a Bible sign. I explained to him that carnal courage had nothing to do with it; I told him it was all grace. He told me his mother was a believer with a fervent love for the Lord. I told him that he needed Jesus too. He said "yes", buy his body language and actions said "no".

- I watched a man walk down the street so drunk out of his mind, he stumbled on the sidewalk and fell flat on his back. After a few tries, he managed to get himself back on his feet, and clumsily continued on his way.

- I saw a drunk homosexual (a regular in the marketplace) walk by Pastor Tim and after mocking him, he knocked down one of our Bible signs.

- A young lady walked by with a boyfriend minutes before Pastor Tim and I concluded out night of evangelism. I offered her a tract, but she turned it down. She started walking away, but she then turned around, walked right up to me and asked:

"What's your favorite Bible verse?"

"I'm not sure," I replied, "there are a lot of passages I love for different reasons. If I had to choose one right now, I'd say Romans 8:1."

"What does it say?" she inquired.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus," I replied.

"Why does that passage mean alot to you?" she continued.

"I'm in Christ Jesus, and because of that, I will never be condemned!" I replied.

"So you never sin?" she asked pointedly.

"No, no... you don't understand," I began, "it's not that I will never be condemned because of I have no sin, but rather, I was totally condemned in my sin! I was toast! But then God saved me from my sin. Past, present, future. I am now in Christ, and I will never be condemned."

As I said the last few words of the above, I was getting emotional. I've never done that before in public. After seeing all the misery tonight, and recognizing that by nature, I myself would be contributing to the misery... and then hearing myself say the words "I was toast" and "God saved me" and "I am now in Christ", I nearly started crying.

I did however get a grip on myself, though I think the couple in front of me noticed the passion in my response. The young lady just gave me an indifferent "okay", but the man next to her blurted out: "Wow, that's good man..."


The Lord work what he will in those who heard the Gospel tonight. I trust He was glorified, and that's good enough for me.

Have a blessed weekend, dear saints.


Rand

Labels:

12:35 AM
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous LarryHu said…

    Brother
    Bless God & thank you for the
    Friday Night updates.
    It seems the Word of God gets the same reception everywhere?!
    But the Good Shepard has His sheep & they hear His voice. Then, there are the rest.
    May the lost hear His voice in you.

    You wrote about the young lady lifing her fornicating finger; but here in the U.S. sin has made the Grown Men so WEAK that some cannot wave with ALL of their fingers either, but only have strength to lift a middle finger before the servamts of God.

    You replied; "There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus"
    Bless the Lord that gives the right Word at the exact moment of need. Also for the emotion & passion.

    I think if more Christians would enter the closet in prayer, there would be less homosexuals coming out of the closet in pride. Only a thought.

    Praying with you my brother. Please keep encouraging ALL!

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink