<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Christians? Where?

Sunday, October 26, 2008
drives me crazy...

From time to time, I come across articles like this one and they aggravate me to no end. Most of the time the "Christians" are actually Romanists, but in this case, it's Copts and Ethiopian religionists.

The problem with the article? It calls a group of wicked idolaters: "Christians". What a mess.

How can I say for sure that these aren't Christians? Simple, those who are true Christians, follow Christ (I told you it was simple); and those who follow Christ worship Him in spirit and in truth. They care nothing for idols, whether they be relics of wood and stone, or whether they be geographical locations:

"The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he." (John 4:19-26)



Rand

Labels: ,